Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #48

 


Group ride with Surly and the grandsons. This one's from 2016 - I've got one from 2018 in the tub as well. Probably should have put both of them up since I'm going to be calling it quits on the tee shirt posts when I hit 52. One year is enough even though I've still got a few more I could post.


The header's almost done. I need to do a little more welding on the tube to flange connections and weld the collector to the flange. I bolted the header to the motor to get the flange squared up. I'll finish weld everything today and then maybe get a start on the trailer project as long as the weather is co-operating.


Marty Robbins' birthday yesterday - he would be 97 if he was still kicking. Talented guy. Even drove a stock car. In fact, he had 36 NASCAR starts. His career highlights can be seen here. He's always been one of my favorites.

2 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

I like the guitar sound between 1:26 and 1:28

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I remember reading that he developed a liking for Hawaiian music. I wouldn't say that's what's in this song, but he did incorporate some interesting stuff in his music. Regardless, he was very successful as both a country and a popular artist.