Monday, September 19, 2022

Better Than I Expected

 


I didn't expect to come home with anything other than sore feet yesterday, but I was the second place finisher in my age group. Of course there were only two of us in that category. They didn't have a specific category for walkers, but the other guy was a walker also. I've run up against this guy several times in the past. I beat him a couple of times and he's beat me a couple. Race etiquette says walkers should start from the back of the pack, but he always starts up front. He finished 4 minutes ahead of me, so even if we had started dead even, he would have beaten me. When I looked up our times after I got home, his age was listed as 83! Pretty impressive. 



I finished up all the tube work on the jitney header after coming home. I'll see about punching the holes in the collector, getting the flange on it and then tacking the tubes on today. I'm diggin' how it looks.

No comments: