Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #46


I picked this one up at the Peoria TT when Surly and I went there a few years back. As you can tell from the back of the shirt, they've been running the event for quite a long time. I've only been there the one time, should have gone over there when I was a young man. The bikes now are modified motocross bikes. Back in the day there would have been BSA, Triumph, Norton and HD ridden by my motorcycle heroes - guys like Dick Mann, Gary Nixon, Alex Jorgenson, George Roeder, Mert Lawill and all the rest. No real reason I never made it over there back then. It's not all that far. Surly and I drove over the day before, spent the night, watched the event and then came home that evening. Nice weekend.

Going along with that, I never went to Santa Fe Speedway back in the day when they had motorcycle flat track races. I did make it over there several times for World of Outlaws sprint cars. They started running flat track races at the Action Track in Terre Haute a few years back. About the time I was figuring on going, the covid hit and that was that. In fact, Cuzzin Ricky and I haven't been to the races for three years now. No way to spend our retirements.


I need to make the last tube for cylinder #3 and the curved connectors for the other two tubes and that'll be about all for the fabricating. I'll have to punch holes in the collector and then do a lot of welding. That'll take some time but it should look good when it's all finished. I might buy myself one of those little belt sanders to dress up the welds. Harbor Freight has a pneumatic one with 3/8" wide belts for only $24.99. There's been plenty of times I could have used one. I'll have to decide what I'm going to use for a finish on the header after I get it cleaned up. It'll start rusting pretty quick - don't want that.

No comments: