Sunday, September 25, 2022

Heard It Through The Grapevine

 


I did my 5K yesterday morning. There wasn't a walking class but there were a couple of fast runners in my age group, so no medal, but I wasn't really looking for one. Last week was a fluke. 

The Missus and I went out for a late lunch Friday after meeting with the financial guy. there's a new restaurant a few miles away, but since covid isn't much of a concern for either of us now, we tried it out. It was good to take the old girl for a ride in the country and eat out. When we came home the road was blocked on the corner leading into our lane due to an accident. One of the vehicles was on the flatbed getting hauled away, one was completely off the road in the ditch and there was another one parked in the lane. I know the driver of the flatbed, but don't know if his outfit hauled the one out of the ditch or not. I can't imagine they did, because when I came home from the run there was still dirt, gravel, car parts and a couple of short broken chunks of 2x4 in the road. I went down with a shovel and a broom and got it taken care of. After which I picked the last of the grapes, hence the song selection, and then trimmed up some tree branches infringing on the lane. It's just about picking time, so I needed to make room for the picker.


I also started on cleaning up the flower beds and correcting some of the "landscape" that I've neglected this year. The lilac bush is blooming again while most of the leaves are drying up and falling off. Not something seen often around here.

The only welding left on the jitney header is joining the tubes to the flanges - maybe get that finished up today. Definitely planning on doing some more yard work, however. Looks like we've got a nice week ahead of cool sunny days. Better take advantage of it.

2 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

oh great, now I have that raisins song in my head all day.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Glad I could help!