Thursday, September 29, 2022

Header's About Done

 


I ground the welds inside the tube to flange joints. I put a taper on them for decent flow from the head. No port matching or anything on this rig but since I'm going from a rectangular hole in the head to a round tube, the taper should work well enough. Certainly shouldn't be any worse than the stock manifold. I'm about 90 percent on sending it out for the Jet Hot treatment. It won't be cheap, but at this point the jitney project has become something like a federal government project with the cost overruns. 

Cuzzin Ricky and I have been talking over a trip to the Grand Canyon. The train trip west would be about the same scheduled time as our trip out to Salt Lake City a couple of years back. However, on the return trip you need to take a 15-minute bus ride, then a 40-minute van ride, then hang around the station for over 8 hours and then catch the train at 4:20 in the morning for the ride home. A little over 43 hours total. I don't think so. I need to look at the atlas and if we were to drive, maybe stop by Speedway Motors and pick up a quick-change rear on the way home. That would be sweet. 

No comments: