Sunday, August 13, 2023

Happy Birthday!

 


It's the OG's birthday today. Nothing special planned for the day - we did go out for supper yesterday. Typical old people night out. Fundraiser for a local football team. Go out early, home before dark.

I see the doctor about my shoulder tomorrow. I need to get it straightened out. Lots of things I can't do now and it wakes me up at night. Seems to be causing me more pain in the short time since therapy wrapped up. I sure don't want to have surgery but he's a guy who does total shoulder and elbow replacements, so I should be in good hands. 

I've been doing a little work around the shack but nothing much on the projects. I got the grandson enrolled in the OSHA-10 program, with a little help from my friends. I filled out some forms for the hiring program for the college gig they require. They give you a list of documents you should have on hand prior to starting, so I updated my resume and dug out some of my financial records. As it turned out, they only asked for name, rank, serial number and how long I'd lived at my present address. I don't know if that's going to be all there is to it, or if I'll need to fill in more of the work history after passing the initial stage. When that's done, I should be an employee once again.

3 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

how did they know you live in your parents house?

Shop Teacher Bob said...

My present address, not my parent's address, wise guy! When I told my dad I was getting married he congratulated me and then told me he was planning on taking a plate off the table, not setting another one on. Left me no doubt about moving out on my own.

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

well then how did they know you live in yer present house? you could live in an RV outside yer house instead of in it, no Y0U shut up.