Sunday, August 20, 2023

Much Ado About Nothing

 


I've been listening to Otis Redding in the truck lately - the dude could sure enough sing. Shame he checked out at only 26.

The shoulder's improving daily. I wish they would have given me the steroid shot right away instead of wasting six weeks of therapy. I should be good as "new" by the time I go back for my checkup. I rode the bike 20 miles Saturday morning, 8 yesterday morning. No shoulder issue at all.

Since I'm on the mend, I'm planning on a couple bike rides yet this year and a few more 5K events. The local event I usually do didn't have a walking class this year. With no walking class and a sore shoulder, I stayed home. However, my "archrival" 84 year old race walker did the event. He finished with a 42:15. Pretty brisk pace for an old dude. I finished second to him last year at the 5K I'm planning on doing in about a month. I'm not too far off that pace right now - no where near what I used to do - but now that the shoulder's better, I'm going to start training in earnest. Hard on my ego getting beat by a guy who's 84.

Did a little work on the Sportster yesterday. I put the cams back in and double checked the end play. A couple of them were a little snug, so I re-shimmed them. I decided I should probably put another new gasket on there since I had already squeezed that one with the shimming process. I've got a couple ordered - they should be here in a couple of days. 

I've got a list of things to work on while waiting for the gasket. You'd think after staying home the last few years, I'd be caught up. All that covid hysteria just sucked the life out of me. That and the lead in my ass that comes with old age. 

No comments: