Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Yesterday

 


Yesterday when I was young, my damn shoulder didn't hurt. 

I went hiking with Coach Jen and her husband Sunday. They picked me up in their doorless Jeep. We hiked about six miles on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and on the way home my hat blew off. Fortunately, my reflexes are still good enough that I was able to grab it before it got away. Unfortunately, I used the arm with the bad shoulder and it hurt like a sum-bitch. I also dropped my phone out of my pocket when that occurred, so I went to pick it up from Jen when she was on her lunch hour yesterday. I rode the Himalayan down and the shoulder started hurting about half way there. Same thing on the way home only a little more so. After I got home I mowed the poop park with the old reel mower, which irritated the shoulder a bit more.

I do my last therapy session today but the therapy hasn't improved things much. We'll see what happens next. I hate crying about it when there's so many other people that are dealing with much more serious issues, but as the old song goes, it's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

Jen and I discussed a few boxing things over lunch yesterday and they don't look too promising at the present time as far as the club goes. I told Jen I'll let her decide what our involvement level will be in the future. If she needs help wrapping hands or working a corner, I'll be there. Otherwise, I'll be on an indefinite sabbatical.

No comments: