Thursday, August 3, 2023

Therapy & Employment Report

 


Said goodbye to the therapy squad Tuesday. Depending on what the therapy doc reports to the family doc, more fun stuff on tap. I see the family doctor next week and I imagine an MRI will be next. I rode the bicycle up to his office yesterday to make the appointment and then took the long way home - about 11 miles total. Shoulder was aching a bit when I got home, just enough that I'm wondering how far I can comfortably ride. There's a 42 mile ride I want to do in a month but not knowing what the treatment plan is going to do for me, might not be riding at all. But like they say: That's how it goes, first your money and then your clothes."


I installed the new oil line on the Sportster. I left it loose on the end that goes into the side cover for the time being, but with the line in place I could reinstall the starter motor. Next up is to remove the cover and trial fit the cams. With the starter back in place I can crank the engine over to get the timing mark aligned. I'm getting pretty close now.



I've put this one up a time or two before, but it's one of my all time favorites and I needed a little something after sitting in front of the computer getting signed back up at the college.

I'm going back to work, primarily to help the grandson out, and I've been gone long enough I'm a new hire. I finished setting up my email account and the Workday accounts yesterday. I'm waiting on an email so I can verify I'm not a pervert or child molester, and I need to take my passport to HR sometime in the next two weeks to prove who I am. I don't think I'll actually be working any time soon, but that's fine with me. I'll see about getting the grandson enrolled and then, hopefully, he'll be able to test out of the first welding class and then start working towards getting his AWS weld cert.

No comments: