Friday, August 25, 2023

Hot Out There

 

Hot and humid the last couple of days. I took the wife to the eye doctor yesterday. The car thermometer was showing 100 on the nose until we pulled into the parking lot at about 4:00 and then it dropped to 99. It was still 91 at 7:30 last night.


It wasn't as humid as Wednesday, but still humid enough to wet the floor of the garage. 



I got up yesterday at 5:30 for a 6:00 start to help out with the "barn raising" for the CSA. It's actually a green house. It has a clever steel frame and trusses with plastic sheeting covering the ends, sides and roof. They started on it Wednesday and had all the steel structure completed by the end of the day. Most everything else was completed by 10:00 Thursday morning. I got home about 10:30 and did a couple of things outside the shack as long as I was already sweaty. Hot out there.

I've gotten enough range of motion back with the shoulder I can raise my arm up over my head finally. I did quite a bit of it in the 4 hours I was helping out. The arm was sore the rest of the day, but it was good therapy.


A couple of big fat peaches from one of my trees. They're not quite ripe yet, but I made a smoothie out of one of them yesterday for breakfast. The peach, a cup of yogurt, a scoop of protein powder, a little honey, and almond milk to fill up the cup. Tasty and healthy as well. I'll have the same thing this morning and as soon as they ripen up a little more, I'll bake myself a pie.

No comments: