Sunday, August 6, 2023

Tractors & Triathlon


Why? I don't know but I found myself humming Momma's Little Baby yesterday. So just for shits and giggles I went to YouTube to see what I could find. I had forgotten all about The Tractors. These guys rock!


Please feel free to crank up the volume. Definite toe tappers.


Tagged along with Coach Jen yesterday morning for her first duathlon - one mile run, 11 mile bike ride, 5K run. Most of the people at the event were there for the triathlon, so the duathlon field was pretty small. However, the top 5 male and female finishers received medals. Jen came in 5th in her group. Real proud of the girl. She's been working out and dropping weight, but not training specifically for this event. She wasn't confident enough in her swimming ability to sign up for the tri but she says that's the goal for next year. 

I had to get up at 5:00 due to the idiotic time zones in Indiana (once again, thanks Mitch), but as her factotum, duty called. Actually, her husband was supposed to accompany her not only to cheer her on, but his son was competing in the triathlon. However, he got called out to work. While I love spending time with Jen and her boxer stepson, getting up at 5:00 is not part of my regular routine. I did enjoy being a spectator, though. I liked checking out all the fancy tri-bikes, it was a nice day on a beautiful campus, there was a real good band providing live music, and Jen and I went out for breakfast on the way home. And it got me thinking if I'm going to get up at 5:00 in the morning, I should sign up for the duathlon next year. Got a whole year to train, after all.

1 comment:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

we sang that song in grade school. that shortnin bread song.