Monday, August 28, 2023

Weekend Update

 


Mailbox repair & repaint over the weekend. The handle had come loose on one side - figured I better get it fixed before the other side broke and the mailman wouldn't be able to deliver all the pleas for money I get. I do occasionally get a check once in a while, however. Just not near often enough.


It's basic black rather than blue, but I shouldn't have to fiddle with it for a couple more years.


I made up a quickie sketch for TVI. The sketch went to my buddy Kevin to get the part 3D printed. 
 
Went for a walk with Coach Jen yesterday. The place has a permanent 5K course, so we walked that and got our 3 miles in. Beautiful day for a walk - beautiful setting with a beautiful young lady. 75 degrees, sunny, slight breeze - couldn't be nicer. Especially after a couple of days with a 115 degree heat index. Today's weather is just about the same as yesterday. Life's definitely good.

Got out on the bike this morning - 8 miles - planning on doing both cycling and walking the next few weeks. Need to lose a few more pounds. I'm holding steady at 165, but it wouldn't hurt to get down to 160 and then add the 5 pounds back on with muscle. The shoulder doctor told me to go easy with the weights until things get better. I've been doing the therapy on a regular basis and the shoulder's improving daily. 

More yard work today and some cleaning in the shop.


And if one Taj Mahal is good, two's even better. Enjoy!

No comments: