Saturday, March 16, 2024

Centering Gizmo

 


I got a chuckle out of that one. MRI today - hoping the results will give me something to, maybe not chuckle about, but lead to some relief.

For the few of you who follow along on the blog and the social media platform that starts with an F, I've given up on that one. I posted a photo of the Missus on our anniversary along with a little dialogue to go with the photo and a couple of days later, the picture was still there but the dialog had disappeared. I wrote another post when I discovered it was missing and when I hit the post button a message came up that my post had to run through a filter. So, on my timeline now it shows a post with nothing there. I don't know what would have prompted this treatment but it's their game, their rules. I lived without it for close to 70 years. I can run out the rest of the clock without it.



Surly sent me a couple of links for a piece like I was talking about making in the last post, however, I had mine done by the time I got the message. Since I had a short piece of aluminum just about perfect for the job, it only took me about an hour to make. My math was right on the money, but since I don't have a taper attachment on the lathe I had to set the compound. My initial angle was real close but off just enough I had to make a small adjustment. Fits nice and snug in the taper of the rotary table, I've got a center in the top of it, and I've got a surface that is concentric with the taper so I can indicate off of it.

Right now I can do little jobs like this and long as I don't spend too much time bent over. Next step is to get the rotary table bolted down and centered on the spindle.

No comments: