Sunday, March 3, 2024

Helicopter Spotting

 


When I was coming home from the dentist the other day, the highway was down to one lane. I've got no idea what exactly they were doing but I was surprised to see a small helicopter out there. It appeared they were fastening an aluminum platform of some sort to the bottom of it. Interesting, to be sure.

A couple of warm days again following the warmest February on record. It's supposed to be in the seventies again today but windy. I went out.to the woodshop to get an idea about making a case for the rotary table - looks like I've got some scrap wood suitable for the purpose. I might put my "girdle" on and cut some pieces. I need to see if I can find a couple of small tee slot nuts to fit the slots on the table. I think I've got a couple but couldn't find them yesterday but I didn't look real hard. I'll search a little deeper and if I can't find them, get a few ordered in. I'm going to need them to hold the shift lever to the table.

While I'm waiting to get the MRI and finding out what I can do to get the chest fixed, I'm going to start a serious campaign to get rid of things. If you're looking for a Rickman 125 Zundapp gas tank or 25 years of Wooden Boat magazines, I'm your man. I've got a pretty good technical library as well, even after giving a bunch of welding books away a few years back. 2024 needs to be the year of downsizing. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are using the helicopter to change out the top line on nipsco big cross country towers to a fiber optic line. Wheatfield all they way to St John.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Thanks for the info!