Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Magnolia, Jersey & a Box


The unseasonably warm weather has the plants and trees popping out rather early. The magnolia in the front yard has a blossom on it already. I just hope we don't get a freeze that upsets the budding process on the ornamental and fruit trees.


My new bike jersey arrived from New Zealand yesterday. They make these up on a custom basis, so it takes a while to get it made and a while to get it shipped and through customs. I ordered it prior to the chest injury. If I knew I was going to encounter that problem, I wouldn't have ordered it. As it is, I need to quit eating so the thing will still fit me if I ever get back on the bike. 


I went to the hardware store yesterday to get a pair of hinges and a hasp. The battery on the cordless drill ran out of charge or I would have had the hardware installed. The paper pattern on the lid is to make up some corner brackets for the bottom four corners. I'll make those out of some thin sheet and TIG the seam together. I need to get a couple of handles yet for the side of the box, but I can get those on any time after I sand the box and apply the finish.

The tee slot nuts for the rotary table should be arriving today. When those come in I can actually start on making parts and have the box finished by the time the levers are finished, if all goes according to plan that is. 

 

No comments: