Monday, March 11, 2024

Spending Money Like the Government

 


I came across Robert Kennedy Jr.'s answer to the State of the Union address. I don't usually get too involved with politics, mostly because at this point I think the country is beyond redemption. However, Kennedy's speech is a good one. It's nine minutes long and worth watching. Help you find out what condition our condition is in.


I've been a fan of Jaguars ever since I saw my first XKE. I had a chance to buy one I could afford once, but that was only because it was in really rough shape. Now if I could buy one, I'd want one already restored and ready to go. Which means I'll never be able to afford one now unless I hit the lottery. However, I splurged a little and bought myself a book, and it's a dandy. Lots of photos and well researched history about a company that got its start making motorcycle sidecars.


The power feed for the milling machine came Friday. It'll have to stay in the box for a while until I get the chest fixed or else get Surly and the boys here to do the install. I want to change out the lead screws on both the X and Y axis, so it'll take some muscle and some mechanical know-how. The mill has an oiling system on it but it's plugged up somewhere. Need to get that fixed at the same time. Clean it up and repaint it also. Now, though, I'm going to take the vise off and mount and center the rotary table. Time to make a shift lever or two.


1 comment:

Surly said...

I will help you. Maybe Coop and I can tackle it but understand, that is a huge job.