Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Cartography

 


I got the map hung up for the Missus - 1950 world map. Not your normal living room décor but there's only two people that need to be pleased here and that's been done.

I decided to paint the remainder of the front of the house. The top looked really good after I got it painted. Since I had the paint and the weather was co-operating I painted the bottom section as well. Glad I did. The railing on the back steps needs some fresh paint as well. I'll look and see if I have any paint. I also want to paint one more window - that paint I've got. I'll get that done this morning. I've got round 2 of the root canal at the dentist this afternoon so probably won't get much else done today.

I ordered some 1100 TIG filler rod. It should be here in a week or so. I ordered some bandsaw blades from a company I've never used before: Detroit Band Saw. They have most anything you could want in saw blades. Wood or metal cutting made to order. I ordered a few bi-metal rather than the carbon steel I usually use. They should hold up better since I've been cutting some stainless for the side hustle. Since these are a better quality than what I usually get and I haven't ordered any blades in a long time, I can't say how good the pricing is but the service was top notch. Only a couple days after placing the order the big brown truck was dropping them off.

Be good and stay safe!

No comments: