Tuesday, October 20, 2020

ER1100 For The Skin

 


The TIG filler rods came in the mail yesterday. Since they are too long to fit in the mail box, the mail man brought them up to the house. The mailman is a cool young dude. The Missus grabbed the package of rods from him and the mailman said he couldn't figure out what I was up to with this package. He knows I'm into all kinds of things but this one was not my usual fare. Good to keep him guessing. 

I dropped off the pieces for the side hustle and the boss man set up an appointment to meet him later in the day to check out the soccer goal job. Not much to it. We're planning on working on them later on this week.


When I got back home I filed the spacers for the fender mount that were in the last post. I'll give them a final sanding when I'm ready for the final installation. 


The idea is to have the fender looking something like this once it's installed. The leading edge of the fender has a rolled edge like the sides but the rear doesn't. They must of figured everyone will shorten it up to work with their installation. I'll get the mounting bracket made up and see how it looks and then shorten as I see fit.

I finished off the afternoon with a little heavy bag work. I haven't been doing much of anything exercise wise but it's time to get back after it. My Sunday walkies got rained out and now that winter is closing in, I'm going to have to get things set up here at the shack. I've got a bike on a trainer down the basement but I really don't care for stationary anything. However, since I no longer go to the boxing gym I can't just ride the recliner. I'll set myself up some type of program and talk to my running buddy and see if we can find something to keep me motivated. Last year at this time I was training for the ruck march. I'd like to do something like that again. The one Thanksgiving run I've done several times has been cancelled. I imagine the other one I normally do will be cancelled as well. Just need to suck it up and figure it's all on me. 

5 comments:

Surly said...

I saw that same Honda posted on FB today. Same yellow milk crate. It's a highly customized NX650 made to look like a late 70's motorcrosser. So cool. Also much better looking than stock, the NX's are great bikes but ugly. Similar to what I'd like the rebel to look like.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Now that you've got the HD plumbed up, put the Rebel next in line. Keep you busy this winter. I'll help you with the pipe.

tvi said...

Hey “Bob”,
As always lots of work going on there. Are you out and about much yet? I’d like that advice on the scooter, starting to think I may just go for it! I’m getting into the retirement groove and that may be on the short list!! Talk to you soon, TVI

Shop Teacher Bob said...

TVI: Still avoiding crowds or people who are out among the public. It seems we're now in the second wave of the cooties with the number of cases rising once again. Sam went to her heart doc a couple of weeks ago and he told her not to let her guard down since she's high risk. So I need to be careful not to bring it home.

Now that you're retired I can mask up and take a look at the bike one of these days. Super glad you're getting into the retirement groove. Just a bitch it had to coincide with the virus. Still, it beats working just the same.

Surly said...

My HD is far from done but the Rebel is probably going to come first. Depends on the budget though. I need to figure out the carburetion issue first.