Saturday, October 10, 2020

Sidework and Homework

 


I bought some cheapie saw horses from Harbor Freight a while back and needed something to lay across the top of them for painting parts and working on things. I had this pallet out in the barn so I took the pieces off the bottom and nailed two of them across the ends. Got myself a decent work surface now. A solid top would be nicer but can't beat this for expediency or price.


Hardware order came in. I should have most of what I need to bolt the engine and the frame pieces together. I'm sure I'll need some more but I'll have to get a bit further along on the assembly process to figure that out.


Bag of parts for the side hustle. Not real difficult to make but there's some time invested. I delivered them yesterday and the boss sent me home with a couple other pieces to be repaired. Both parts need welding, one needs to be straightened out as well. Thin stainless so I'll TIG weld them. I asked him about the soccer goal job coming up and he showed me the material and explained the run-down. I should go take a look myself before I start and double-check that the measurements are correct and the design will work as he explained it to me. From what I understood, I don't think it will.

I cut a sheet of plywood and bolted it to the jitney to get an idea of the seat location and height. I think I'm going to have to move the engine back a little and I want to have an idea how much room I'm going to have for my big feet. Looks like everything is going to work OK. I've got the engine set in the frame level right now. If I lower the rear a bit I shouldn't need much of a tunnel to clear the tranny and driveshaft. Until I come up with a tranny I can work on hanging the front end and maybe start on some of the sheet metal work. I'll have to get some of the correct filler rods before I can weld any panels, though.

No comments: