Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Radiator

 


Radiator showed up - looks like it was made for it. I thought I might have to move the mounting brackets on the sides but it looks like it'll work just fine as is. There's about a 2" drop from the top of the firewall to the top of the tank on the radiator. That should give a nice nose down attitude.


Offenhauser oil filter cover. Not necessary but will look good with the Offy valve cover. I got an e-mail from Jegs the other day concerning the remote oil filter kit I ordered. It's backordered again. This time it has a shipping date of November 2nd. It's not holding me up and Jegs has a couple of alternative kits but the one I ordered is CNC machined and it's cheaper than a similar kit with die castings. I don't much give a hoot about the CNC work but I'm assuming they are using better material with the machining process than a cast part with a lot of zinc in the alloy.

I'm picking up the aluminum sheets this morning and my hardware order should be here Friday. I'm heading to the dentist after picking up the aluminum for the root canal, so that'll take care of the rest of the day. I have to make some parts for my old boss. If I feel ambitious after the dentist, I'll work on those. The nice weather is supposed to continue for a while so I'll try and get some more painting done this week as well.



2 comments:

Surly said...

That looks bitchin'. Nice to see some progress. That car is gonna be super cool.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Thanks - I'd love to have the boys get involved in a couple of the projects but don't know if or when that's going to be feasible. Regardless, this thing might be road ready next year if I keep at it over the winter.