Saturday, October 3, 2020

Painted Head

 


I painted the cylinder head for the slant-six yesterday. I also ordered some parts and a couple of sheets of aluminum. Both orders should be here next Wednesday or Thursday. I ran a tap through most of the threaded holes in the head and block and got a list of hardware I'm going to need to assemble this rig. The intake and exhaust manifold use studs with thick steel washers to fasten them to the head by "pinching" them. There are only two actual mounting holes, one on each end of the head. I bought the metal plates to build my own header and they work the same way. I need to find new studs, washers and nuts now. I'll see about locating those while waiting for the other things to arrive along with some more work around the shack.


This is from a metalshaping group on Facebook I belong to. This is the look I'll be shooting for when I get to the rear end. That's also the type of header I'm planning on - six into one on mine. That's one fine looking automobile. Hope I can come up with something equally as nice.



No comments: