Friday, October 2, 2020

Diggin' Out the Parts

 


I set the cylinder head and valve cover on the engine yesterday to check clearances and get a visual of how things are going to look. I need to go through the boxes of parts and see what I need for hardware to get this thing assembled and paint the cylinder head. There's not much space between the valve cover and where the side of the hood will be. I'm going to move the engine over a bit - won't take much to modify the mounts.

I went by the high school yesterday and took a look at the malfunctioning machine. My guess before showing up was the knife switch for the current selector. We checked everything else but since the lid was still on the machine, no way to check that. I got a call shortly after I got home and the instructor had pulled the lid off and it was the knife switch - got one right there.

I stopped at the place I buy my metal after leaving the high school and got a price on the aluminum sheets I'm going to need to skin out the jitney. He doesn't have them in stock but will be placing an order soon. I'm going to have him get me a couple of 4'x8' sheets which should give me enough to cover everything from the cockpit forward.

Went to Walgreens after that and got a flu shot and a pneumonia shot - first time I've ever had a pneumonia shot. Both arms were a little tender the rest of the day and I felt just a little punk later that evening. It could have been the shots or it could have been from watching the news. We've still got another month until the election and a couple more debates. I watched most of the first one and I doubt that I'll watch any more. I've voted already so no sense putting myself through anymore of that insanity. Brother Johnny was right, we're boned. 

No comments: