Monday, October 12, 2020

Good Weekend

 


Saw this on a Facebook group for Silver Crown/champ cars. The caption said it was Buck Baker from '52. That should be close to what I'm trying to come up with. I was thinking more of a boat-tail on the rear end but that's subject to change. I'm planning on a roll cage that will fasten to the outside of the frame rails. Have tubes welded to plates that are bolted to bosses welded into the frame. I'm not near as brave as those old dudes were.

Surly took the little Rebel home a few weeks back to sell it but the deal fell through. He's thinking now about turning it into a scrambler. His youngest boy wants to ride, so this might be a good solution. Surly was here Saturday and picked up a battery I had to see if he could get it running. If he decides to go the scrambler route rather than selling it, yours truly will probably be involved in making some pipes. That'll be fine by me - I like doing that sort of work, especially if the grandsons are involved.

I got my house painting done over the weekend. It wouldn't hurt to do a bit more but I finished what I was hoping to accomplish. Looks like we'll get a few more decent days yet so I might try and paint a bit more trim. That's pretty much a never ending job but I don't want to fall too far behind the curve.

Going to finish the job for the side hustle today and then maybe a little something on the jitney. I'll see how things go.


3 comments:

Surly said...

We got most of the parts that were missing for the Rebel. Carb is clean but needs a gasket. When the bowl gasket arrives, we should be able to button her up and have it running.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Good deal. You do realize if the youngest gets on that thing you'll have a hard time getting rid of it.

Surly said...

If it's a practical bike that's reliable and fun...why would we sell it?