Thursday, June 3, 2021

Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes

I went out to breakfast yesterday morning with my old colleague and running buddy, Kevin. We hadn't had a chance to get together in over a year even though we live only about a mile apart. Nice visit and more like how an old retired guy should be able to spend his time. 

I went to the post office after breakfast to check on my brake shoes. I checked the tracking history the other night and I ended up with a three page print-out of all places they've been. The postal clerk looked up the tracking history and told me they were delivered to a body shop on May 25th. I came home and was able to find a phone number for the place and called them. The guy on the phone said he knew nothing about receiving a package that wasn't intended for them. He was pretty cool about it and said he'd get them to the post office if they did show up. I went back to the post office to tell the clerk what I had found out but I was told he'd just stepped out for a minute. This clerk told me she'd pass the message along to the one I had originally talked to, who had told me he could call the post master out there and do some checking. I was hoping he'd call me later in the day but no such luck. I'm thinking that's going to be the end of my brake shoes. 

I didn't use the front wheel from the Rickman, so I should be able to use those shoes in the back. I pulled the backing plate out of the hub yesterday and the shoes actually look pretty good. As long as they are the same size I can put them in the rear wheel and work on getting the brake pedal and linkage figured out. 

I've got a welding job for Cuzzin Ricky on tap for today - trying to get get caught up so I can get the tranny installed on the jitney. 

No comments: