Friday, June 18, 2021

Slo-Joe Memes & More

 



While the memes are going to be rather hilarious the next few years, it's really not very funny how the country has ended up. And it's pretty obvious that things aren't going to improve anytime soon. Not sure what I can do as a hedge against inflation at this late stage of the game other than buy all the car and bike parts I'm going to be needing before the dollar becomes totally worthless. Brother Johnny was right, we're boned.

On a lighter note, I didn't do much on Wednesday after working all day the day before. I did get my bike ride in along with some yard work and patching a tire on my commuter bike. The tube already had two patches on it, so it's time for a new one. When I order one I'll have to get some new patch glue as well. The tube of glue that I carry in my tire kit on my road bike was dried up. The tube that was in the tool box with my bicycle tools was dried up as well. I did have a new patch kit on the shelf, so I was able to get the tire patched. I patched the tire on the chopper motor bike yesterday while I had the tools out and before that tube of glue dried up also.

My claim with the Post Office for the lost brake shoes for the Rickati project was denied - no real surprise there. I've got 30 days to appeal, so I'll give that a shot.

I got an e-mail from the boss at the side hustle wanting me to tackle a couple of things. One would be making some custom legs for a table that would be a fun job. The other would be a job that would be a pain in the ass at his shop. Having just finished one pain in the ass job, not so sure about tackling another.

I got my first batch of veggies from the CSA yesterday. Not a lot to choose from yet but it's still pretty early in the season. What they had was nice stuff, however. They had strawberries that were available for purchase and are fantastic. I can't remember ever having berries as sweet as these. I've got gooseberries, raspberries and blackberries coming on at the shack. I've also got mulberries falling off the trees along with lots of fruit on the peach and apple trees. My pepper and tomato plants are doing well also. It won't be long and I'll have an over abundance of fruit and veggies. I should definitely look into preserving some of the harvest to have on hand this winter. Maybe make some more peach and apple wine or cider again.  

No comments: