Monday, June 28, 2021

Wishbone to Radius Rods

 



Pretty good day yesterday. Got in six miles on the bike, four miles on foot. Also got the wishbone split apart and hung the front spring on the car. I tried connecting the axle to the spring but wasn't having much luck. I needed a third hand or I need to pick the axle up with the floor crane. I'll weld the bungs in the radius rods and get them cleaned up. The saw horse supporting the frame rails is too wide. I won't be able to connect the radius rods to the axle and frame rails unless I narrow the horse or come up with a different support - one step forward, two steps back. 

No damage around the property due to the storms. The power was out an hour or so. Other than the ten second delay before the generator comes on, the operation is seamless. Nice to not have to worry about the Missus being able to breath in the hot, humid weather. 

With the heat, humidity, exercise, and the physical work I've been doing, I'm down a few more pounds. If I watch my diet between now and race day, I might be close to being a middle weight again. That hasn't been the case, not just in years, but decades.

Got a few chores lined up today but I should be able to get the radius rods welded up and make a decision on cutting down the saw horse or making a new support of some sort. While I'm at it, maybe finalize the shift and brake arrangement on the Rickati.

No comments: