Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Deciding On My Options

 


Didn't get much done on the project front the last couple of days between the heat, the rain, some necessary chores and the lead in my ass. I did take the parts off my old Sprint race bike. The engine in the bike was the first year for the federally mandated shift and brake conformity. The older Sprints, like the Ducatis, shifted on the right with the brake on the left. My rider was used to that set-up so I reversed the Sprint's set-up to make it the same as his Ducati single he was campaigning at the time. So what I'm contemplating on the Rickati is doing the same thing as the Sprint only in reverse - move the shifter to the left side and change the pattern to one down and three up like all new bikes have. The brake actuating arm on the Rickati's rear hub is on the right side, so it should be pretty easy to rig up the pedal on the right side. I need to make up my mind and get it finished. My buddy will be ready for the motor soon. I don't want to hold him up and I'd like to be able to finish the rest of the bike while he has the motor.

I need to make up my mind on the next step on the jitney also - starting to lose some steam on that one and I can't afford for that to happen.

I need to run over to the part-time gig and take a look at that job. I'll take a tape measure and my camera to have some actual measurements and a few photos to use to come up with my plan of attack.

Surly and his clan came down Sunday for Father's Day. They brought me a real nice gift and a welding job. It was nice being able to visit with the group again. Surly and I had a nice chat. Both the Missus and I have been missing getting together with them. This lousy pandemic has sure caused a lot of grief and inconvenience for people. I for one have had enough. 

No comments: