Sunday, June 13, 2021

Boxing Match

 Spent the day in Terre Haute yesterday for a boxing match. That's the farthest from home I've been in over a year. We took five fighters, had three wins, two losses. One of the losses was a split decision, so it was almost a win. The other loss was a RSC - referee stopped the contest. The first couple of fights on the card were actually Golden Glove fights. One of our guys with his win will be fighting in the upcoming Golden Gloves final. If he wins that one he'll be going to the nationals. 

The fights started outdoors but moved indoors when it started to rain. It was hot outside in the sun. Much more comfortable for the fighters and everyone else inside. And to top it all off, we stopped at the Grand Traverse Pie Company on the way into town and on the way back home. I do love me some pie! 

Nice show. Had myself an enjoyable day and I'm real proud of all the fighters.

No comments: