Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Couple Pieces Finished




Lookin' for an earworm? This one should do it. 

More rain yesterday - a couple of waves that hit pretty hard but nice in between times. Other than the humidity, that is. The sun was out around 2:00 and you could see a haze hanging over the corn field. Made for some serious sweating and safety glass fogging while I was finishing up the radius rods but they came out looking down right sexy. 


I decided to go ahead and TIG weld the new bungs on. I used an 80,000 lb tensile filler and warmed the parts up with my air-acetylene torch until they just started to show a color change and then welded them up - no evidence of underbead or shrink cracking so everything should be Jake. After the pieces cooled down I dressed the welds with a flap wheel, did a little file and emery cloth work and got them primed. 

I looked a little closer at the saw horse and I think I can sneak the radius rods back to the frame inside the legs if I move the horse back some. Next up is getting the spring and the axle mated back together again. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and order the front end components one of these days. Probably should do it before the prices go up - because we all know they will.


No comments: