Friday, July 2, 2021

Busy

 


Busy day yesterday. I had to take the Missus to the doctor for the second day in a row - 80 mile round trip, had to be there by 7:30, the doctor was already running behind but made it home in time for my weekly veggie pickup. Wednesday we had car trouble a few miles from home, so I came back home and got the truck. The Missus called Onstar and they ran a diagnostic check and it came back clean. I checked with my neighbor the mechanic and he said if nothing showed up on the scan, he wasn't sure he'd want to mess with the car, so I'm going to check with another place today. I got the back yard mowed while the weather was nice and I sandblasted the shock mounts for the front axle on the jitney project.

I went to the Sppedway site to see about ordering the front end parts kit. Looks like I waited too long to avoid the price increase. Big jump but I'm in it now. I'll get them ordered and see about ordering in some of the parts for the rear end before there's another price increase.

I filed my appeal with the Post Office concerning my lost brake shoes. They give you a little box online the allows you to enter 255 characters to state your case. That gives you maybe three short sentences. You can attach documents but I figure if they don't want to read more than 255 characters, attaching a Word document won't help.

I've got more mowing and running around to do today but I'm going to try and get the cotter keys drilled out of the shock mounts and clean up the shop. 

No comments: