Sunday, July 18, 2021

A Bit O' Progress

 


I heard a bit of the Java Jive on a show the other night. It wasn't the Ink Spots but I couldn't come up with the version I heard on You Tube. Hard to go wrong with this version, though.

I got a little more done on the jitney front end. I welded the spring perches onto the axle and then attached it to the spring. I moved the perches in from the original measurement but I might have gone a little overboard. I thought I was going to be able to bolt on the radius rods by moving the saw horse but it's not going to work. I need to rig up a couple of legs to support the frame and then I'll be able to see if things are going to work as planned. I set the caster angle of the kingpins at 7 degrees and inclined the perches so they are parallel with the eyes on the spring. 

I'll get the frame supported with a couple of stiff legs and then I can see where the radius rods need to be and if I need to move the perches out a bit for some preload. I think things will be OK once I put the bushings in. I wish I new a bit more about this stuff. I don't normally mind learning as I go but I don't want any surprises if I ever get this thing up to speed.

No comments: