Thursday, July 22, 2021

Race Cancelled


Mama Cass sure had a beautiful voice. She had a screwed up personal life, however, and died at the age of 32 from a heart attack, not from choking on a ham sandwich as was heard at the time. This one and Louis Armstrong's version are my favorites among the many artists who've recorded it.

I went out for my bike ride yesterday morning. I hadn't ridden in a couple of days since I've been working hard around the shack and I was planning on tapering some prior to the race on Sunday. When I got home I looked up the race website to get the address of the race starting location only to find that the race has been cancelled. There was a contact number for info so I called to confirm - yep, race is cancelled. Since I had already sent them a check, rather than sending me my money back I told the lady to keep my entry fee and put it into the fireworks fund. I'm a bit disappointed but I'm down a few pounds and my cardio is much better. Since that was my main goal, not all that bad of an outcome. Next up is to train for the metric century. 

The hired man seems to be working out OK. We worked Monday and Tuesday mornings - got a lot done. He's going fishing for a week and we'll pick back up when he returns. In the meantime, I'll continue my work as groundskeeper along with trying to keep making some progress in the shop.

Right Side View

I made the support pieces for the jitney so I can pull the sawhorse out of the way of the radius rods. 

Left Side View

Not that a couple of angle iron legs deserve two views but that's one of the nice things about digital photography -  instant feed back. Shoot 'em, use 'em or erase them if you don't like them. I've been wanting to shoot a couple of rolls of black and white. It's been a while since I've done any printing, which means I'll have to mix up fresh chemicals but I enjoy the time in the darkroom.  

No comments: