Friday, July 23, 2021

On The Road To BL2s

 




The lilies are still blooming - it's nice that all the different varieties don't all bloom at the same time. The white flower in the bottom photo is a bush gardenia I bought last year. That's the first blossom and more to come. Pretty flower with a bit of a fragrance. My other gardenia of the traditional tree type is doing OK but it doesn't have any blooms on it. Hopefully it does something this summer. The gladiolas are starting to bloom as well. Everyone should have some flowers in their life.

Going along with that, I bought some African violet seeds recently that I need to get started. According to the instructions, rather than planting them in the dirt, they need sunlight to germinate. I bought some soil formulated for violets and some new pots, so time to get started. Man does not live by wheeled things alone, after all.

I took the Missus for another test yesterday. Non-invasive, so she probably could have driven herself but we stopped for lunch afterwards which was especially nice after all the time spent at home due to the quarantine. The test blew a big hole in the middle of the day, so I didn't even go into the shop. I did some piddly things outside and checked on a couple of bicycles I can keep here for myself and a couple others from the gym. There's a rail trail not too far off we can ride as a change of pace from our Sunday walks. The one guy seems pretty interested in doing some longer rides - might have someone to ride the 62 miler with.

Cuzzin Ricky and I are doing breakfast this morning and then going to check out a pair of BL2s. Uncle Pete's welding shop was originally located next to the Monon Railroad's South Hammond yard and I used to see their BL2s working the yard when I worked for him. 



Supposed to be hot and sticky for the next week or so. I've still got a bunch of yard work to do but I need to get some more work on the jitney front end, finish the Rickati, I've got some more things on the back burner, of course, and the normal day to day.

No comments: