Monday, July 19, 2021

100 Per Month

 


The odometer on the touring bike rolled up another 100 miles the other day - just about a month after hitting 500 and a month after hitting 400. Not really a lot of mileage if I was truly training in earnest for a race but not all that bad for an old dude basically starting from scratch.


However, I've put an additional 60 on the race bike, including 9 I put on yesterday morning. I've also been walking 3-4 miles every Sunday, weather permitting. 

Next up is to increase the mileage to work my way up to the metric century Labor Day Weekend. I've been thinking about the old boxer setting that record after my buddy Kevin sent me the info. Even though there's no way I could get that past the Missus and pro fights are no where to be found locally, there's no reason I can't train like I had a fight coming up. Might be fun in fact. Just need to remember not to over load myself - "Middle path, Grasshopper".  




It was Ed Iskenderian's 100th birthday July 10th. That's the "Camfather" in the saddle. I'm diggin' the guy on the bicycle as well. The photo's from here. A spot I need to bookmark. Looks like there might be some valuable info there for a guy building himself a buggy like they used to do. 

I didn't get anything done in the shop other than a bit of cleaning yesterday but I did walk 4 miles with the boxing group. I've got a young guy coming over today to give me a hand around the place - Mother Nature is getting the better of me and he can help me out when I need an extra pair of hands on the projects. We'll try a couple of mornings and see if we're compatible. I've developed a pretty strong aversion to high schoolers over the years. 


No comments: