Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Definitely Summertime

 



It's definitely summertime around here, my little tootsie-wootsie. Ninety degrees and humid again yesterday. Nothing like what they were getting out west with temps well over 100, thank goodness. Our hottest temps are usually around the end of July, first week of August. It is supposed to cool down the next few days. I'm good with temps in the low to mid eighties but once it hits ninety, I tend to seek out some shade and wait it out.


It's been good weather for the berries, though. Red raspberries picked fresh for breakfast after finishing my bike ride yesterday.


Some granola from Aldis, a few strawberries to go along with the raspberries, a bit of cinnamon, and some almond milk. Pretty damn tasty and healthy too. The paper had an article about the health benefits of ginseng last week. Seems it can help with heart and brain function as well as other benefits. I think I might need to add that to my daily medicines and supplements. I know the mountain people swear by the stuff. I looked in to growing it years ago. I think my best bet would just be to buy some of the liquid form and give it a try.


Gooseberry pie starter kit. Trimming the beards off the berries is a pain in the ass but I'm willing to do the dirty work for my annual pie. The grape vines are loaded this year, which means there'll be a grape pie in my future as well. 


The rest of my order came in for the jitney project. It's supposed to rain today and then a chance of rain for the next ten with Thursday being the exception. I'm glad I got as much done outside as what I did. I'll get back on the projects when it's raining and work around the yard when it's not.

2 comments:

Surly said...

The first commercial product from Urschel Laboratories was the gooseberry snipper.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I got 5 cups done with a fingernail clipper. I checked with Ron Popiel first to see if he had something that would do the trick.