Thursday, July 15, 2021

Busy Day

 


Busy day yesterday - bike ride in the morning, take the dog to the groomer, mow the front yard, pick the dog up from the groomer, mow the back yard, clean up the poop in the "poop park", mow the grass in the poop park, clean up a rusty piece of 3" channel and lay it out for a couple of holes to locate the spring perches on the jitney axle, clean up and mark the hole layout on the pieces for the side hustle, and even though you can't see it, I made a sheet with the relative location of all the heights of the front end parts.

I'm planning on finishing the fabricating of the parts for the side hustle today. I need to get some paint before I can deliver them. I'm planning on taking the front spring apart today also. I ran a wire wheel over it the other day to get some of the rust off of it. I get it apart and I'll finish cleaning up the leaves, remove a couple, put it back together and then bolt it back on to the front of the car. When I get the spring perches tacked on the axle I'll see if I can get shackles on the spring and the axle. As long as that works, bolt on the radius rods and see where that takes me. I'd like to start going through the boxes of front end parts and hang them on the front of the car. I'd like to see what the front of the car is going to look like with wheels on it. 

I got a couple of e-mails from my buddy Kevin, former colleague and running buddy. First, and most importantly, he's starting a new job soon. He'll be back in the classroom again. In my opinion, that's where he belongs - he's a great teacher.

He also sent me a link to a story in USA Today about a man from Indiana who got himself listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest professional boxer, who it just so happens was about my age. I'd only have to lose a couple more pounds to be a super middleweight in the pro ranks and with all the cycling I've got a good start on my fitness level. Of course, there's being in shape and there's being in boxing shape. All of this is academic however. No way it's ever going to happen but with some time back in the gym and some sparring, I might have been able to give a respectable performance without suffering any more brain damage. 
 

No comments: