Friday, July 9, 2021

Anarchy?

 


Interesting guy that Abbey. He makes a good case for anarchy. I read his book Desert Solitaire many years ago. I should read it again. 

I had to take the Missus to the hospital for a test yesterday. Last week when we headed up there for a doctor's appointment we had some car trouble, so we came home and got the truck. She has trouble getting into the truck so I borrowed a car from my buddy Kevin since she was going to be sedated and I didn't want to risk dropping her while trying to load her into the truck. I had an appointment to take her car in this morning so I loaded my bicycle in the back and drove the car to the shop last evening to drop it off. And, of course, the car ran fine. On the plus side, however, the Missus and I had a nice brunch after her test and I got a nice 5 mile bike ride home from the car repair shop. On the minus side, that pretty much shot the whole day. 

I got a text from the boss at the side hustle, he needs some parts made so I need to get some material for that and I need to get on a couple of other things for him as well. I took some firewood to Jimmy's dad the other day - he's the owner of the septic tank sucker truck I repaired. I checked out the truck while I was there to make sure all was good. No runs, no drips, no errors. I'm glad of that, I don't want to fiddle with that thing again. But I've got plenty of other things to keep me busy, like always.

No comments: