Friday, June 4, 2021

Battery Box Brackets



I got Cuzzin Ricky's job finished yesterday. Not much to it - cut and cope a couple of angles, drill some holes in them and then weld them on. I used the new welding machine with E-6011 rods. I need to fine tune the force control I think. The only other stick welding I've done with it was with E-7018 rods and it welds nice with those. I should record those settings, get some scrap metal and practice a little with the 6011 rods. 

I got a phone call from the post office yesterday morning. There seems to be some funny business but nothing the man from the post office could really explain. He was puzzled by what has occurred but he had one more thing he was going to pursue. He's been very helpful but that's not going to bring my brake shoes back. He did explain to me what I need to make a claim, so that's my next step.

I did a search for Rickman brake shoes and I did find some replacements, both originals and after markets. Also I have the ones from the front wheel I can use, so for now it's put those in the wheel and finish up the brake and shifter arrangement. I'll see if the originals turn up relatively soon, if not, I'll have to decide if I want to replace the originals from the front wheel.



No comments: