Friday, December 3, 2021

Cast Iron For The Cosmic Cowboy

 


Beautiful day yesterday - sunny and 60. The average temperature this time of the year is about 40 degrees. I put the new belt on the mower and cut the front yard one last time. The mower should be ready to go for next season now. I also cleaned up the poop park and mowed it with the old reel mower. That could use a sharpening but I'm not sure of the best way to go about that. I've read that you can use lapping compound and spin the reel and it'll sharpen itself up. Many years ago the machine shop instructor sharpened one up on the lathe using an OD grinder. Maybe check with a golf course around here and see what they recommend. 

The cast iron frying pan has been out in the shop for several years. I sandblasted it and got it cleaned up but then I let it get a little rusty again. I ran the wire wheel over it yesterday so it's ready to season. It's a Lodge brand, so it's a good one. I want to get it useable and throw it in my little camping trailer to do some cowboy cooking. Obviously the cooties aren't going away any time soon, so I'm thinking getting out in the camper could be a good thing. There's a state park not too far from me that has some nice hiking trails. I should look into getting a season pass. 


--------------------------------------

The Missus is getting teeth pulled this morning. I feel sorry for the old girl. I'll be doing nursing chores this afternoon. Hopefully she'll get some decent pain pills so she can sleep comfortably.   

No comments: