Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Snow Day

 


We got our first measurable snowfall of the season yesterday. Nice big flakes, right about freezing temperature. The Chicago station said this was the record for the latest arrival of a snowfall of the season and we missed the record interval between measurable snowfalls by three days. 

As an aside, the cast iron legs on the bench in the photo are fast approaching 50 years old. I bought them from my employer at the weldshop before I started my teaching career. I've replaced the wooden slats at least three times, maybe more. It doesn't get a lot of use but it's a nice place to sit and have a cuppa in the morning.


I received an update on the trials project motor - the bottom end is ready go back together. He says he'll keep after it as time allows. Fine by me.

I annealed the two sheets for the back of the jitney cab where the bead will be rolled around the edge. Next time someone comes by the shack I'll get them to turn the crank on the bead roller so I can get the "joggle" on one half. I can then rivet the two halves together. I get that done I can roll the bead around the top and start bending up the stiffener for the wired edge.

I've got headlights on the way, so I can finish making the front shock mounts. I've also got wire connectors and a thrust washer for the vise on the way. I'm picking up paint for that today. Finishing the year on a high note! 

2 comments:

Surly said...

I can come down this weekend.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Don't make a trip just for that but if you come down, bring your welding gear.