Saturday, December 11, 2021

Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye

 




Brother Johnny's birthday today - he's been gone almost ten years now. The one and only blessing of losing a loved one much too soon is they never grow old. Seems your selective memory remembers only the good times and glosses over the rest. I was recovering from my heart attack while Johnny was dying. I wasn't able to drive, as per doctor's orders, so Surly was kind enough to take me down to see John and I was able to say goodbye just before he passed. Small comfort to me, hopefully of some comfort to John. 

I can't bring him back but I'll never forget him. "Johnny I hardly knew ye."




2 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

you should watch The Straight Story by David Lynch if not seen already-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6go1JN7vw4g about two brothers. awesome excellent movie.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Haven't seen it - I'll have to check it out.

Thanks!