Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Tee Shirt Tuesday #8



Front and back views of official Harley Davidson tee shirt - one of thousands that were sold by Robison's during their thirty plus years in Daytona Beach. The Missus and I went to Speed Week in '81 on our 10th anniversary and I bought myself a tee shirt. I had an accident in '87 while wearing the tee shirt and they cut it off of me in the emergency room. Surly called Robison's up and had them send me a new one, good son that he is. The one pictured is from '92. I don't remember if that's when Surly and I went down there or when I was racing - I'd have to do a little research on that. Robison sold their franchise the following year but I believe they're still doing business selling and repairing bikes. I would assume they're also selling tee shirts. Maybe put that on my Christmas list for next year.

It's been quite a while since I've been to Speed Week. I was fortunate to see some of the all-time greats race there - Roberts, Spencer, DuHamel, Adamo and a host of others. Between the vintage and the GP events, not too many race bikes of one kind or another I haven't seen either. Been blessed there, no doubt about it.

I'm not sure who sanctions the Speed Week event anymore. It's listed on the Speedway's calendar in March, like always, but it's not put on by the AMA or MotoAmerica. Since all the bike mags I used to subscribe to went digital, I'm pretty much in the dark about anything current as far as motorcycling goes.

2 comments:

Surly said...

Robison closed it's doors about two years ago. I got one of the last shirts from "Robison Motorcycles". When I saw they closed down I messaged them and bought one through Instagram. He's been slowly selling off the inventory and looking to lease the property currently. That shirt you have would bring at least fifty bucks on eBay. There's plenty of Robison shirts listed for 150.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXeY7QBv2Nn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Thanks for the update. I'll have to keep that shirt for the tee shirt stand at my funeral.