Sunday, December 5, 2021

New Orleans Funk

Spent most of the day playing nursemaid to the Missus yesterday - the old girl came through the teeth pulling like the trooper she is but I wanted to be around if she needed anything. I didn't get anything done on the projects that way but I did get the new battery installed in the car, made a grocery run for her and walked the dog. 

To keep us all entertained until I get some shop output, how 'bout some New Orleans funk?



My buddy "Mr. U" used to play this kind of stuff on his bass guitar. He wasn't all that great as a bodyman when I worked with him but that was never his real love. As a musician he was first rate. His band opened up for some big-name acts and he was just one step away from making it big. Like me, he had a heart attack also but his was much more serious. After retiring he had his own program on the local low wattage radio station and funk was what he specialized in. I couldn't get the station on the radio due to the low power, but I could listen to him on the computer. He's been gone a while now. It's funny how missing some one can put you in a funk but listening to some funk can get you out of your funk. 

No comments: