Friday, December 17, 2021

Music, Veggies & Projects

 


I heard this one on Birdhill Radio the other morning. Beautiful song, beautiful voice. I have a vague memory of her from years ago but couldn't recall anything in particular. Seems she died in 1996 at the young age of 33 from melanoma. Real shame, that.

Did my grocery shopping yesterday morning. Regular grocery and then a stop at the CSA for the first installment of the winter veggies - salad greens, carrots, green onions, head lettuce, garlic, potatoes, and some really big, good-looking apples. I'm signed up for the whole year program for 2022. If you have a local CSA, you might want to look into signing up for next year. Food prices are going to continue to go up and there might be an issue with food availability. I'm locked in on the pricing and it's all organic food. 

After the grocery shopping I put the second coat of stain on the picture frame, went to the hardware store for a piece of glass and then made it out to the shop. 


The stem on the kill switch has flats on each side to prevent it from turning but since the switch is pretty stiff, I made a plate from stainless sheet I can screw to the wooden dash to prevent it from turning in the hole. Not much to it, layout, hole drilling, some judicious filing on the center hole and cut to shape and file.  

Record heat on Wednesday - got up to 65degrees. I wouldn't mind if it stayed like that all winter long. I'd certainly be more liable to get my ass out of the chair and into the shop. I don't have any heat in the wood shop, so that limits any finishing work I can do. That's the reason I jumped on the picture frame job while I had the window of 60 degree days. I've got another large frame to make but that'll have to wait for spring or another couple of unseasonably warm days. In the meantime, get back on work in the shop and start working evenings downstairs. 


No comments: