Saturday, December 18, 2021

Tach Mount

 


I finished the picture frame for the big leaf and got it hanging up on the wall of the woodshop. Looks good hanging on the wall with the rest of the things. I've got another frame to make up. When I get it finished I'll take down a poster from the Golden Gloves and put it up in its place. I'm going to have quite the gallery one of these days.


I did a bit of head scratching to figure out how to mount my tachometer in the dash of the jitney. The tach came with a chrome plated cup that covers the back of the tach and is held in place with one screw in the middle. There's a base unit that bolts to the plastic cup that can be used to mount the tach to the steering column or the dash. However, there's no provision to mount it through a hole in the dash like I want to do. 

I found a short piece of stainless pipe in my box of cut-offs that was just the right size to start with. I bored the inside to slip over the tach and turned the OD to thin the wall. I'll part it off to length today and weld a piece on it to close up one end. Should look pretty sexy when I get it finished even though no one will see it after it's installed.  

No comments: