Thursday, December 29, 2022

Saw Stop

 


I bought a couple of the cheapie wheel chocks to put on the green trailer that came in yesterday. Surly just bought a small dirt bike for the grandson, so he wants to be able to haul a pair of them at a time. I'm going to make a couple of back-up angles to put under the floor with nuts welded on so it'll be easy on, easy off.


I needed to cut several pieces for the Missus' table project that were all the same length. I decided it was finally time to make a new stop for the saw. I don't know what happened to the old one, but yesterday was as good a day as any to knock out a quick replacement. In the photo the piece of flat appears to be leaning out at the top. It's actually leaning inward, the reason being, when you cut off a piece you want it to drop out easily and not get wedged between the saw blade and the stop. 

Made a bit of progress on the table afterwards - cut the flats, drilled the holes and tacked the top and bottom stretchers together. I need to tack the ends on and finish weld it after that. Might be a little tricky holding things in place to get them tacked. That's one of the disadvantages of TIG welding - you need both hands for welding. Times like this is about the only time I miss teaching welding. Always had plenty of free hands for holding things there.

Doing breakfast with my buddy Kevin this morning and then off to Menards for plywood.



No comments: