Monday, December 12, 2022

E-Bike Trailer Progress

 


The light kit showed up Saturday afternoon. I probably could use the lights that are on the trailer by just rewiring everything, but these new ones are the "ultra bright LED technology" - and you know that has to be good. Still no wheel chock yet, though.


I made up a couple of brackets to mount the lights on. The stock ones sit low on the trailer and because of that, the license plate gets bent up if you tilt the trailer top. There's no real good solution for having the plate along the bottom frame rail, so now it will be up above the deck bolted to one of the "L" shaped pieces in the photo. I'm going to try and get those pieces welded on to the trailer today before it starts raining. I can pull the trailer into the garage to do the wiring - no heat in there, but no rain either.

There were a couple of comments in the last post about motorcycle tool kits. In the zip-lock baggie is the kit that came with the e-bike. I'm not sure why they even bothered. The black item is a screwdriver handle for the different included blades - might be good enough for fixing your eyeglasses, but not much else. I didn't look real close but I don't think there's any place on the bike to store a tool kit, anyway.   

No comments: