Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Blizzard Warning


Making it through December is going to be a little tricky the next few days. It's supposed to start snowing and blowing with temperatures dropping rapidly Thursday afternoon. The predicted snow totals are 7"-12" last I heard. Temps will remain frigid until the first of next week. Wind chills -20 to -30 for a couple of days along with 50 mph gusts.

I spent yesterday making sure we are prepared. Fresh straw in the nesting boxes for the chickens, along with fresh water. Topped off the feeder and tossed them some grit and oyster shell. Checked the transistor radio for batteries, since it has national weather report for our area, and checked the propane level in the outside tank. Filled up the gas tanks on both the rigs, and I'll put the tractor on the charger today as well as putting some gas in it if need be. The old farmhouse is not the warmest place when the wind blows hard and the temps are cold, but we should be fine - better than the original occupants back in 1898 I would wager.

I ordered some material for making the bulkhead and sides for the green trailer along with some material for inventory. I need to get a spare tire and add a couple more wheel chocks to be able to carry a couple of dirt bikes at a time. I ordered two of the cheapie Harbor Freight ones. I still need to get the plywood for the sides and bulkhead - maybe pick that up the week after Christmas. 

My header is scheduled to show up tomorrow. Anxious to see how it looks. Definitely time to see some progress on the jitney again.

2 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

yes I now have that song stuck in my head all day. that's alright though because I like that song. if we make through December la de de de de la de de de...

Shop Teacher Bob said...

... everything's gonna be alright, I know

Merry Christmas!