Friday, December 23, 2022

Jet-Hot Header

 


The header showed up yesterday. The UPS guy usually shows up around 10:00 - 10:30. The e-mail said 10:30 - 1:30, so I laid around the shack waiting because the delivery required my signature. I finally gave up and went out to the shop at 1:30 and the header arrived about 2:30. It was starting to snow by then and the temperature was starting to drop. I did get the end pieces for the table welded up while I was waiting, however. 

The finish is the Classic Polish from Jet -Hot. It looks good and, hopefully, it will work as advertised. I need to get it back on the engine and get another photograph. I want the intake with the carb and air cleaner installed in the photo as well. Yours truly is going to be featured in an e-mail mailing from a welding supply in a few weeks. I'll be sure post the photo and I'll give you the address to see the write-up after it comes out. 

I'm going to be holed up the next few days. The snow fall wasn't as bad as they were forecasting but the cold temps and the blowing winds showed up. The actual temperatures are going to be about zero with windchills down around -30 or so today and tomorrow. I've got plenty of things to read and things to keep me occupied the until the temps come back up next week. Now they're forecasting a couple of days in the mid-forties coming up. I'll get back out in the shop to finish the table, do some work on the jitney and work on the bulkhead and sides on the trailer when it's warmer. 

No comments: