Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Up The Lazy River

 


My pops used to play this tune on the piano and sing/hum as he played. When he got together with uncles Jack and Lloyd at the family reunions, it would get played. Pete Fountain plays it on the CD I just purchased but it's all instrumental. However, the piano work on that version reminded me of my dad, so I've been humming Lazy River for a couple of days. Actually, it sort of fits with what I've been doing lately, which is not much. Up the lazy river is actually a pretty good place to be. Much better than up shit creek without a paddle - been there a time or two. 

Spent a good part of yesterday out and about running errands. Hit the boxing gym later and held mitts for some of the guys. Pretty good session - three guys in the ring at a time. Able to get a chance to observe their footwork, stance and punch delivery. They all need some personalized training that they haven't been getting. We could still use one more coach to make sure everyone gets at least some individual attention every session. I'm glad to be back there helping out and working out. I've lost some weight and gotten some muscle back. If I push myself a little, I should be down under 170 pounds pretty soon - almost back to my old fighting weight. 

I need to make a quick trip to see the finance guy this morning and then get out to the shop and do a little something. I've got a job for the Missus that needs to get done. Might start on that one - at least get some pieces cut. Like they say: need to do something, even if it's wrong.

No comments: